Thursday, June 22, 2017

adoptable storage - SD card not appearing when formatted as internal


I'm a user of the Realme C2(android P). I've just formatted my SD card as the internal storage through Powershell since my manufacturer doesn't allow me to do it in the settings. It don't think it worked as now i do not see the SD card in the storage section. It seems to have completely disappeared.These are the commands that I used from this link:


adb shell sm list-disk
adb shell sm list-volumes all
adb shell sm set-force-adoptable true

adb shell sm partition disk:179,64 private
adb shell sm set-force-adoptable false
adb shell sm list-volumes all

I really have no idea if they even worked as I was told that the 4th command would take some time but, it didn't. I'll be more than happy to post screenshots or anything that is required for you to understand the problem. So if there is anything you can do to help me, please do so. This is my last resort.


EDIT:


This is what happened in the Powershell window:


PS C:\Users\Sa**vik\Downloads\platform-tools> .\adb devices
List of devices attached
EUS4***ZPBTWAM79 device

PS C:\Users\Sa**vik\Downloads\platform-tools> .\adb shell sm list-disks
disk:1*9:1*8
PS C:\Users\Sa**vik\Downloads\platform-tools> .\adb shell sm list-volumes all
private mounted null
public:1*9:1*0 mounted 01*7-1*13
emulated mounted null

PS C:\Users\Sa**vik\Downloads\platform-tools> .\adb shell sm set-force-adoptable true
PS C:\Users\Sa**vik\Downloads\platform-tools> .\adb shell sm partition disk:1*9,1*8 private
PS C:\Users\Sa**vik\Downloads\platform-tools> .\adb shell sm partition disk:1*9:1*8 private

PS C:\Users\Sa**vik\Downloads\platform-tools> .\adb shell sm set-force-adoptable false
PS C:\Users\Sa**vik\Downloads\platform-tools> .\adb shell sm list-volumes all
emulated:1*9,1*0 unmounted null
private:1*9,1*0 mounted c5ee2ab2-9**7-468e-8**6-c700ba9**283
private mounted null
emulated mounted null
PS C:\Users\Sa**vik\Downloads\platform-tools>

I'd put in * to keep it anonymous


I'm giving up for now. We'll see what happens in the future





No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...