Thursday, June 15, 2017

accounts - Installing official Google Marketplace on a chinese Asus Eee Pad Transformer 101




Possible Duplicate:
How can I install the Google Apps Package (Play Store, …) on my Android device?




I'm currently living in China, so I bought my Asus Eee Pad Transformer 101 here.


For some reason it does not come with the official Google Marketplace application but with some other application that only supports chinese as a UI language and uses some other "less official" market place.


I did find the Market App from google and installed it.


However when I start it it tells me



You must add an account to the device to continue. Do you want to add one now?



If I click Yes, I'm simply redirected to the home screen (the app remains open in the background)


Does anybody know of a way to set this up? Because the only thing was able to add to the device was my gmail account for e-mail.



Thnx.



Answer



Apparently there is no way to do it.


There are some alternative market places that can be used, but they don't solve the fact that tablets with the chinese firmware are rendered useless because there's no Google account support.


So the only thing you can do really is install this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1245892


Works like a charm :)


Oh and for the Prime, Asus officially supports it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...