Saturday, June 3, 2017

wi fi - Android phone constantly loses Wi-Fi connection


My Android phone loses the Wi-Fi connection when I'm at home in the very short time after it is connected, usually around the first 30 seconds. Sometimes it works fine, but not often. When it isn't working, the Wi-Fi icon remains present. But I can't for instance browse to the IP of router 192.168.0.1.



The same phone is working properly with my work Wi-Fi. Other devices don't have problem with the home WiFi.


I'm a little lost and don't know how I can find the reason an fix it.



Answer



I can't say that I completely understand how but the issue was solverd after I changed the DNS settings of my phone (for my home WiFi). I set it to Google default DNS 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.
And since that never this problem again.


Why the phone was loosing the whole connection is still unclear to me (though it remains now pure theoretical question)


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...