Wednesday, June 21, 2017

streaming - Is it possible to use one android as a remote speaker for all audio on another android, using no more hardware than an unmodified wifi access point?


I have an android phone (Sony Xperia Compact Z1 / Stock) with an "eh" speaker, and a tablet (Kindle Fire 7" HD / Cyanogen) with amazing speakers. I use the phone a lot to listen to audiobooks, but at home i'd like to be able to use the tablet so i can hear the audiobooks over other noises.


I currently use Smart Audiobook Player since it seems to be the best audiobook software on the market, but it cannot synch progress between different devices, or stream audio between them on its own.


So i would like to stream all audio that is currently playing on my phone, over to my tablet and have it play via the tablet's speakers.



I suppose this should be feasible via Bluetooth or Wifi, but:



  • No Bluetooth solutions seemed to work, none of them even indicated being able to connect between the two devices.

  • No Wifi solutions seem to exist that can work with only the two android devices and the unmodified Wifi AP.


Did i overlook some piece of software that can do this?




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...