Monday, June 26, 2017

adb - How to stop apps from doubling overscan?


For some reason a chunk of the digitizer broke on the bottom of my phone. I tried to use adb shell wm overscan 0,54,0,324 to resize my screen smaller until I can get a new phone, but it's giving bad results.


It seems like the overscan is working normally at first, but then some of my apps, including Google's launcher, Nova Launcher, Gmail(except when composing), and the Play Store, are then shrinking in addition to the whole screen shrinking, leading everything to be half the size I want. I could just set the overscan to half of what I want, except that many apps and the keyboard do not do this, meaning I couldn't really type then.


Examples:
Example of Nova LauncherExample of Google Play Store



Any ideas on what could be causing this or how to fix it?




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...