Friday, June 30, 2017

How to get back colored app headers in recent apps list on Samsung devices running on Android Oreo?


Before, in recent apps list of my phone (Samsung Galaxy Note8), headers of apps were colored. Now, they are all white.


I am not sure whether it was caused by the transition from Nougat (7.1) to Oreo (8.0) or by a change in some Android settings. They are white for several months.


I would like to return to colored ones for faster navigation using app colors. Is it possible?



Answer



It looks to me that this is not possible, because Oreo re-used the color coding for different purpose:



  • white header: standard app

    • and here, the original coloring concept is partially present in text color (instead of bg color)




  • light cyan header: app pair on split screen


enter image description here


I think that this new coloring purpose implies that the original coloring is gone.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...