Tuesday, June 6, 2017

wi fi - changing dns settings on android - not working


When i set my dns on my android device and go to dns leak test it's not the dns that I set in the dns settings. Its the dns set by my ISP.


How can I get it to use the dns that I want?


for reference:
how-to-change-dns-settings-on-android
my device is a lemaker guitar
I do not have root access on the device
I am accessing my wifi at home


http://xslab.com/2013/08/how-to-change-dns-settings-on-android/





Edit1


Maybe I need to have root and/or use an app like the one mentioned here - Override DNS.
Also need to work out what version of android it is, but think it is the most recent version.
Related question here leaving the ip as dynamic(currently giving it static ip from the router) and using apps to change change the dns.
Related Q here but he can't save the new dns settings.
A possible option here in one of the answers is use debugging mode and adb to change the dns settings, but my problem is not changing the dns it is getting the dns I change it to to work.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...