Friday, September 27, 2019

screen - How to change Android default-natural orientation?


I have my device running android Jellybean 4.2.2 with Landscape as the default/natural orientation.


How can I change the default/natural orientation of the same to portrait?


Here is what I have tried till now,


1) Added setprop ro.sf.hwrotation 90 to build.prop and it did nothing.


2) changed user_rotation value in /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db and it changed the orientation of apps only. the orientation of Home screen and launcher are still landscape.


3) Modified PhoneWindowManager.java similar to the one given in link : changing phonewindowmanager to change natural orientation


The third option works. But it still shows the bootanimation in landscape and after the animation is finished, the display rotates(with rotate animation) to portrait. How can I avoid this rotation and change the default/natural orientation before boot animation?


Is it something related to SurfaceFlinger? I would also like to point to this article in android website. pre rotation in hardware composer




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...