Friday, September 13, 2019

google play store - Always seeing "No connection: Retry" in Android Market


I have an HTC Touch with Froyo installed that I use for app development. I haven't used it for a couple of months, and when I fired it up today I'm seeing the same error every time I launch the Market app: No connection and a Retry button. It doesn't matter how many times I hit Retry, I just end up back in the same place. The phone definitely has a solid Wi-Fi connection though and all other online apps (browser, Twitter, etc.) are working well.



I've tried force stopping the Market and restarting, clearing its data and uninstalling updates, all to no avail. What can be causing this error?



Answer



The answer is that the date/time settings were incorrect. The device had been off for so long that the clock had reset. Once I set the correct date and time the Market app ran normally.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...