Saturday, September 14, 2019

ADB full backup restore command stuck on restoring app Clean Master


I have a full backup file using adb backup command. When I try to restore the full backup file using adb restore command it always displays "Unfortunately Clean Master has stopped working" while restoring the package of Clean Master app com.cleanmaster.mguard.


adb logcat - (too long to paste it here)


How can I skip the clean master app package alone while restoring the full backup?




Answer



I removed the clean master app data from the backup and re-created the backup.ab file again using the Android Backup Extractor(ABE). It seems that the backed up file was corrupted and couldn't able to restore it properly. So I suggest to,




  • use the adb backup command atleast twice to make sure the backup is fully completed and compare both file are same sized ones


    ( OR )



  • extract the backup file using ABE as .tar export and make sure the extracted .tar file can be opened without any errors.


Since I also had app backups using Helium Backup(Carbon) app, I was able to restore my app data using the Helium app. And all the shared data folder contents I moved from the extracted .tar file to my device via an USB cable manually.



No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...