Saturday, September 21, 2019

launcher - Moto X app screen suddenly scrolls vertically


My Moto X, for as long as I've had it, has had the classic panes of apps in the all apps section (where you can just swipe horizontally to browse through the apps).



However, now I have a vertical sliding system with the four recently used apps at the top of the screen.


Is there any way to get back to the old way that stock android had been displaying all apps?



Answer



Moto X (2014) by default uses Google Now Launcher as the default launcher.


The Google quicksearchbox was recently updated to give a peek into upcoming Android 6.0 Marshmallow app drawer layout which has vertical scrolling for apps and widgets.


So Uninstalling the updates for app named Google with package-name com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox (either in Play-store or in App settings) should bring back the old feature.


User reviews dated 24th, 25th September on Google play-store gave me insight on this that the app named Google caused this behavior.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...