Thursday, September 12, 2019

4.0 ice cream sandwich - phone mounts as media device not usb storage



My Samsung Galaxy SII used to mount normally as a USB drive in Ubuntu until the 4.0.3 upgrade. Now the only two options are:



  • connect as Media Device (MTP)

  • connect as Camera (PTP)


neither of the above works properly with Ubuntu 12.04 so I could browse and manage files on the phone and the SD card.


Does Android 4.1 not support the device to be mounted as USB drive anymore?? I tried turning on USB Debugging in developer options but no difference...




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...