Wednesday, September 4, 2019

google play store - Why do some devices ship without the Market installed?


Someone explain to me why some tablet manufacturers use software hubs other than Market. I bought a Coby Kyros ($160 @ KMart, Puerto Rico) and it brings AppsLib instead, and I immediately noticed that not all apps are there. I already found steps to root the tablet and install Market, but the question still bugs me.



Answer



Google only allows the Market, which is not open-source like the rest of Android, to be bundled with devices that passes their Compatibility Test Suite. Devices that do not pass are not "officially" Android devices.



No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...