Saturday, September 14, 2019

htc desire - No touchscreen response when charging


I have a new HTC Desire S in the UK unlocked from Amazon running Android 2.3.3 and HTC Sense 2.1.


When I charge the phone the touchscreen is non responsive. I have tried changing Settings > Applications > Development > Stay Awake (screen will never sleep whilst charging) but this makes no difference.


The touch screen does not respond, whether the phone is dark, lit up looking for my lock pattern, or unlocked and on the home page.


If it is charging and I press the power button the screen will wake up, but still the touchscreen is disabled completely.


Hopefully I have been clear that this is not solved by the "stay awake" function (seen elsewhere).


So, in summary, when charging the touchscreen is completely disabled and changing the "stay awake" checkbox makes no difference.



Any other ideas welcome.


THANKS IN ADVANCE.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...