Thursday, July 12, 2018

instant messaging - How can I turn off Facebook IM permanently?


Since I got a new google phone (G2) the facebook app has been running constantly. I turn it off and it still is running for some reason. Not a problem except that it always looks like I'm screwing around on Facebook and people send me IMs like "go to bed" or "hello? you aren't replying" etc. I don't like that people can just IM me any time they want and that my phone says I'm available on Facebook when I'm asleep or at work or whatever the case may be. (it looks like I'm unproductive)


There doesn't seem to be a way to turn off Facebook IM from my mobile device. Does anyone have any suggestions



Answer




The newest version of the Facebook app does not include chat. You can uninstall or disable the Facebook Messenger application to keep IM from running.




In the older official Facebook for Android app, you can shut off chat via the following:



  1. Start up Facebook

  2. Make sure you're in the main menu (press Back if it shows the news feed)

  3. Click "Chat"

  4. Press the Menu button and hit "Go Offline"


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...