Friday, July 27, 2018

How do I disable the google voice typing/voice search 'ding' sound?


Whenever I open google voice typing, it plays a rising ding sound, then a falling ding sound when it stops.


This is very annoying to me. I have a rooted stock S5 on Lollipop. I searched for the sound file but couldn't locate it, it may be wrapped up in the apk file.


Is there a way to stop this irritating sound? If I install the Xposed Framework, will that help?


Edit: Someone has suggested turning the media volume down to zero. This will work, but is not appropriate for me, as I am using the language learning app duolingo while I am using voice typing. So I need the app to send out audio via the media channel, simultaneously with using voice typing. Coming at it from another angle, I have asked if there is an alternative application which meets my requirements.


edit


Using app settings 1.15, you can mute voice typing by muting the Google app in Marshmallow (and maybe above). However, voice typing now mutes other audio ( regardless of its configuration on app settings) so I asked a question about it here



How do I stop voice typing from muting/pausing other playing media?



Answer



I have a solution that may be useful ,if not for the OP I hope it will be useful as a reference for shutting the volume of a particular application OFF.


This method will mute all sounds coming from Google App but will not affect the other apps. It works on 4.1 up to Lollipop, but the questioner found that the App Settings Xposed module doesn't work on Marshmallow.


Requirements :



Method :




  • make sure app settings is activated in xposed installer under "modules" reboot after activating for the first time.





  • now open App settings and type Google in the search field.




  • You will see in the list the Google App click on it.




  • on the Activity Bar you will see a toggle button toggle it ON.





  • A view with lots of settings will show up ,look at the bottom of the screen just above the permission button there is a check box that say "Mute audio" check it.




  • now click on the save button in the right side of the activity bar and confirm the pop-up message.




  • Now open the voice typing and enjoy the full silence :)






(!) For Samsung devices under Lollipop Follow carefully the thread you must have a deodexed Rom.



No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...