Thursday, July 12, 2018

How do I change incorrect album art on the default Music Player of the Samsung Galaxy S III?


One of my albums has a completely unrelated album art associated with it. I cannot find the album details and hope to get the album art that way because it's an independent album. The album art I'm trying to use is actually a scan of the album itself. I have tried:



  • Renaming the album and album folder, deleting the previous folder from my phone, and ending my music player's process.

  • Deleting the album's folder from the phone, and moving the folder somewhere else.

  • Changed the album art to different images that are slightly different images with Windows Media Player, then uploading AlbumArt.jpg, Folder.jpg, etc. into the album's directory.


I've probably tried a few more, but I can't remember at the moment. It's very annoying having to look at this low-quality, unrelated album art whenever I start playing my music.



Answer




Though my other answer might still work, it spams the Music directory with album art which is then picked up by the Gallery and obfuscates actual user content.


Instead of my previous answer, I would suggest just using Mp3tag and embedding album art in each MP3 manually. Using either the AlbumArt.jpg or the Folder.jpg created by Windows is not as good because they are both usually 200x200, which will be pixelated when viewed in the Music Player on the phone.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...