Saturday, July 7, 2018

How to enable real text prediction for android / stock keyboard on LG optimus one?


The title says it all but i will explain a bit more.



I have a LG optimus one phone with android 2.2 froyo. It comes with two keyboards, the LG one with working text prediction and the Android / Stock keyboard (what's the official name?) that does not seem to have access to the language dictionaries because it ONLY predicts my contacts' names!


Is there a way I can fix this? I really want to use the Android/Stock keyboard with working text prediction and voice input. I don't want any alternative like swift or similar.


Thanks a lot


dmeu



Answer



I found this review of the LG Optimus One which includes this quote:



The standard Android keyboard’s text prediction is disabled; it doesn’t seem to have access to the system’s language dictionaries. So if you want word prediction, the LG keyboard it is.



Looks like you're going to have to go with a third-party app solution or flash a new ROM to your phone.



No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...