Monday, July 30, 2018

downgrade - Downgrading from Lollipop 64-bit to Kitkat 32-bit hard-bricked Micromax Yureka device?


Update:


I didn't receive any answer here. Look's like my question didn't had enough research to deserve an answer. Here are some updates:




  1. I posted the same question on OnePlus forums (I hang around) and received results here.

  2. I looked for terms downgrade on Yureka Forums and out of 159 threads, didn't find any satisfactory result. I found only one argument worthy enough to be mentioned in step 3.

  3. A OnePlus forums user mentioned that the 64-bit bootloader could be incompatible with 32-bit Kitkat in the event of downgrading, thereby, resulting a hard-brick. A Yureka forums user mentioned similar thing here.

  4. As per this guide on XDA by a known member of OnePlus forums, and this info of all the partitions in a device here, I can conclude that a fastboot type ROM can flash any bootloader and similar partitions required at first stage of booting.

  5. I read about bootloader and the name of the involved partitions from here and here.


A flashable ROM zip through recovery can hard-brick which is understandable here. However, if a fastboot type 32-bit Kitkat ROM is flashed on Yureka device running 64-bit Lollipop, should it be bricking it?


Note: This question is not meant to be open-ended, inviting discussion/opinion or chatty in nature. My question is only to know : Is there really a technical reason behind the warning or not?




Previously:



There is a post on Yu forums by a Community Manger here which says in warning the following:



Once device is updated with Lollipop (64-bit), downgrading to Kitkat (32-bit) is not supported and may hard-brick the device!



The users on the forum seems to follow the same warning whenever someones creates a thread regarding downgrade to Kitkat. The same warning can be seen on this website too.


However, nowhere it seems anyone cared to mention the reason for such hardbrick. May I know why 64-bit to 32-bit is a nightmare for this phone, or for that matter, any phone? Could it be just a gimmick to keep users at latest OS?




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...