Wednesday, July 25, 2018

4.4 kitkat - Setting Default applications through ADB


I have an android device (Android 4.4) with two launchers. One comes with the device and the other one is home made. I have the following questions regarding this scenario:



  1. How can I set the default launcher via ADB? (same as selecting one and pressing Always)

  2. How can I clear the default launcher selection via ADB? (same as entering to Default Applications and clearing Defaults)


Please do not submit answers or comments that do not consider the use of ADB. I'm not interested in any of those.


Also, I already know about disabling one of the launchers via ADB (pm disable app_package_name) and then re-enabling it, but this is not the same as setting the default launcher or setting the preferred activity. You can see the difference in the next image:


enter image description here





No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...