Thursday, June 7, 2018

How can I export the list of open Chrome tabs?


Chrome's sync feature isn't picking up all of the tabs open on my Android phone.


Are the tabs stored in a file somewhere that I can access?


My intention is to export the list of tabs so that I could run a factory reset on the device.



Running Android 4.3



Answer



You can use the Remote Devices feature in the Chrome debugger to connect to Chrome on the device and access the tabs. Just expand the list of tabs visible to get the full list and then highlight & copy everything shown (including the URLs) to the clipboard: https://developers.google.com/web/tools/chrome-devtools/remote-debugging/


I just managed to export ~400 tabs this way.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...