Tuesday, June 26, 2018

sync - How can I specify a default contact for merged contacts?


I have some contacts on my phone that appear in all or some of:



  • my phone

  • my google contacts

  • skype

  • facebook


Thankfully, Android allows me to link that contacts, so that I have only one entry in my phonebook with access to all the different sources. However, the names aren't always identical. For instance:




  • in some cases the name is in English, in others in Hebrew

  • some have the full name, others only the first name


Is there any way to select which of these is the default display name?



Answer



Edit the contact you want to be the default. Then press the menu button and join the additional contacts. This will keep the display name as the original contact you were editing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...