Tuesday, June 26, 2018

rooting - How to root Samsung Galaxy S4 SCH-I545



I would like to root my Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 SCH-I545.


It is currently running Android 4.2.2 and has Build number ending in VRUAME7.


How do I root my Galaxy S4?



Answer



There is a root method available for the VRUEMA7 Build that does not require you to wipe your device or flash ROMs, but it does not have an unlocked boot loader (source & credit to: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2380325)


STEP 1: Download all three files from the first step from the source above and install/extract as necessary.


STEP 2: Insert a microSD card (exFAT format REQUIRED) into your device and connect it to your computer as a media device.


STEP 3: Move the extracted files and folder from the Root Exploit package onto the root of your microSD card. Do not put them in ANY folder.


STEP 4: Open the Android Terminal Emulator App on your device and run the following commands hitting return after each line:


cd /mnt/extSdCard

./pwn
./script.sh

After the second command you should see the '$' change to a '#' indicating root access. The third command will make root access permanent.


STEP 5: After the above commands have run, you can download and open SuperSU and check for binary updates. At this point you should be done and you can open an app that will request root access to test this.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...