Sunday, June 17, 2018

How can I get heads-up notifications for WhatsApp?


I really love the new heads-up notifications in Lollipop because they look much cleaner now, but it's really weird some apps use them or not.



I would really want them to work with WhatsApp, but I just don't find out how, or if it is possible.


Any suggestion?



Answer



Update: WhatsApp has implemented heads-up notification natively. However, users can still use the apps listed here to display heads-up notification for other apps. If the user is already using it, don't forget to disable WhatsApp's entry to prevent double heads-up notification.




At that time, it's impossible to do this directly from WhatsApp official app.


The heads-up notification is only shown when the notification is set to high-priority, max-priority, or full-screen notification by the developer. So, the "official" answer was to wait for them integrate the function.


However, there are 3rd-party apps that implement this feature for all apps:



  1. Heads-up notifications


  2. Heads Up! - notifications


You can control which apps are permitted to show the heads-up notification (I recommend you to do that before they flood the screen), and the customization is also pretty extensive.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...