Thursday, June 7, 2018

app2sd - Transfer of files and apps from old sd card to new sdcard


I have got a new 8 GB SD card, but the catch is I have done the app2sd stuff. So what are the steps to be followed for the data and apps transfer without loss of anything.


Will a simple copy and paste including all hidden files be enough?



Answer



Depends on how the copy is performed. The SD card contains a couple of hidden files/directories (especially with App2SD being used, there's the .android_secure folder to be considered).


Usually, when on a Linux workstation, a complete copy from sdcard#1 to sdcard#2 should do the job (cp -dpR ). Same should apply to Mac OS. As I have no Windows, I cannot speak for that.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...