Friday, June 22, 2018

Skipping Android Security Updates?


I am rooted on my Nexus 6P and I used Flashfire to install the March security update. I didn't install any of the previous updates and haven't installed any after the March one.


This has made me think of a few questions:


Does the March update contain all fixes from prior updates as well?


Do I have to install each incremental security update or can I just install the May one without installing April's?


Should I go back and install the previous patches and if yes, will this negatively affect anything?


I have noticed a lot of random reboots and the device running hotter than before, although I am not sure if this is because of the manual updates or a bad app.


Any insight is appreciated.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...