Wednesday, June 13, 2018

How can I write in a PDF with a tablet and a pen (a.k.a Is there a Xournal alternative for Android)?


There is already a similar question, which is about the Xoom and note taking. But I'd like to ask this in a more general way:


Given a tablet (and a pen), how can I write - not just adding notes and comments, more like one would write on paper - in a PDF?


The additional writing should be saved within the same PDF file and readable/showable by the most common PDF readers. Essentially I am looking for an Xournal alternative for Android.



Answer



So far the closest that I found to Xournal in Android is RepliGo Reader or ezPDF Reader. They both



  • Allow drawing of lines, curves, freehand, etc.

  • Save the annotations/drawings within the PDF file



But in my opinion both Apps do not use the full potential of what's possible with the Thinkpad Tablet and/or xournal. It may be subjective, but my colleguas who have Thinkpad tablet PC's running Linux with Xournal seem to have a better experience "writing into PDFs". I hope that there is more to come on Android.


Alternatives, suggestions are always welcome. :-)


Edit: I am going with ezPDF Reader. It's the best PDF reader for Android IMHO.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...