Thursday, June 28, 2018

How to disable shortcut to launch (Samsung's) S Voice *without* accepting its ToS?



By default, when you double-tap the home key, you'll launch straight into S Voice.



To disable that shortcut, one could



load S Voice, then press the menu key and hit "Settings." Next, uncheck "Open via the home key." That's it -- with the shortcut combo disabled, the home button should respond immediately as opposed to with a very slight delay.



However, this method seems viable only once Samsung's Terms of Service (ToS) have been accepted - only after which S Voice will launch fully. Any way to disable that key combo without having to accept ToS of a S I do not want?


Note that at this stage I do not (yet) want to uninstall S Voice. If you happen to know how to uninstall it, I'd appreciate a comment, though :-)





No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...