Tuesday, December 27, 2016

file transfer - How can I use my Galaxy Nexus as an external USB storage drive?


I just got the Galaxy Nexus and learned that it does not support USB Mass Storage mode. It only supports MTP and PTP. I regularly use my phone as a USB flash drive at work so this is a problem. I can transfer files back and forth with MTP however I need to edit files directly on my phone.


I'd like to find a way to continue to use the phone as an external drive and be able to access the files on my phones storage directly without transferring the files back and forth however I have several constraints: The network at my work isn't connected to the internet, it doesn't have wifi, and the computers do not have Bluetooth and this is not going to change. Ideally I would not have to install anything on the computer, but if there are no other options I'd consider this.


Are there any hacks or workarounds that will allow me to use my Galaxy Nexus as an external flash drive in the way I described?


Can I create a separate mountable FAT partition on the phones storage that I can access from a Windows XP computer a well as through the Android OS in the way that's possible with other devices that have external storage cards?


The Phone: It's a rooted & unlocked Galaxy Nexus on VZW and currently running CM9.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...