Thursday, December 29, 2016

7.1 nougat - How to view devices connected to hotspot on Google Pixel?



This has been asked for a few times before, but none recently or with the Pixel/Nougat specifically that I was able to find. Root is unavailable, so I need a way to do this as a regular user. I really just want to see what IP my Raspberry Pi got assigned by the Android DHCP. Also, if there's a way to set DHCP reservations to avoid having to look it up every time, I would love to know how to do that as well.



Answer



Most of the solutions known to me require root (as I noted in comments). However there is a third-party application that seems to be able to handle this task as well.


Hotspot manager claims to be able to monitor all connected clients on the hotspot. It gives the MAC Address as well as IP address of connected clients


Some other features include:




  • Managing multiple WiFi hotspots for different scenarios.





  • Monitoring all connected clients to your device.




  • WiFi auto recovery: WiFi state will be recovered if the hotspot is turned off (assuming either widget or the app to toggle).




See screenshots:



No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...