Monday, December 5, 2016

cyanogenmod - Samsung Galaxy S2 drops carrier network


My SGS2 is dropping it's network connection multiple times a day without any notification. The signal bars disappear and it just says NO SERVICE/VODAFONE NZ. No data, no 3G, no 2G, nothing...


I was previously on Gingerbread 2.3.6 and was hoping that CyanogenMod would fix the issue. I flashed it to CM 10.2 but the same issue remains. This makes me think it is a hardware issue and not a software issue, however it did not wipe my internal SD card - could there be settings in there that are causing this?


It seems to really love the ground, so I'm wondering if it has just been dropped one to many times and cracked some solder connections somewhere internally?


UDPATE


Installed the GetRIL tool and it said the stock RIL was unknown.


I installed the first RIL on there. It said that it would backup the stock RIL. The one I installed didn't work so I installed another one. That didn't work either. So I tried to restore the stock RIL but then I read in the FAQ it only restores the last one installed.


So it restored the broken RIL. And now I have no network and can't figure out how to get the stock one back. Yay.


Here's the stock details:


RIL: Unknown - 163ecafa01912637fe344ec1f8264d70

Baseband: I9100XXKE7

Anyone know how I can get the stock RIL back?


As an aside: the battery lasts sooooo long without the carrier network


UPDATE


Reflashed with CyanogenMod so I got my stock RIL back. Still monitoring the network drops.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...