Saturday, December 10, 2016

cyanogenmod - Empty /data/log folder


I have Galaxy Sii s9100 with CM 10.2 (android 4.3)


I am encountering the bug that fill the folder /data/log and display the notfication "Storage space running out"


I can see that the problem is coming from the log folder using DiskUsage (1741Mo)


The problem is I can't succeed to empty this folder, I tried :



  • DiskUsage (it says that I can't delete log files)

  • ES Explorer (the folder looks empty)


  • Dial *#9900# (got an error IHM not valid)


Any other ideas ? Or any ideas why I can't use these methods ?



Answer



Automated solutions could involve : Make a job running in intervals (e.g. all 3 hours), with the task to shell-execute rm -rf /data/log/* as root, should keep the folder clean. Tasker has a "run shell" command, where you can tick "use root" – that's what you would need.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...