Friday, December 2, 2016

Deleting a device from the Google Play Store?


Yesterday I bought a new Android smartphone & performed a factory reset on my previous HTC handset. Naturally (I think) I set up my new phone under the same Google account as was registered for my HTC.


If I login to the Google Play Store, I was expecting, and maybe naively assumed to find, a way to delete the HTC handset, but I cannot seem to find a way to achieve this!



As this is only my second Android device, I have not encountered this situation before. (Perhaps there were steps I should have taken on my HTC, prior to performing the factory reset.)


I am however surprised that Google does not allow you to carry out such a basic task.


Did I miss something?


Does Google wish you to create a new account every time you change phones/tablets?



Answer



You can't delete it, only hide it.



  1. Go to the Google Play website. Make sure you're logged in.

  2. Click the gear icon in the upper right then click Settings.

  3. Your devices should be listed there. Uncheck "Shown in menus" on the device you don't want to see any more.



No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...