Sunday, December 25, 2016

5.0 lollipop - Android 5.0 display keeps turning on with black and white notifications


I have an Oneplus One which just got its Android 5.0 version released. It is known that there are still plenty of bugs issues, but a very annoying one is that if I have notifications and turn off the display, after a few seconds it turns on (only black and white) and off, on and off, a many annoying times.


If I turn my display off, I want it to be off, regardless of notifications I haven't seen/dismissed. I suppose it is consuming a lot of battery since the display is being on much more often than the usual.


I could not find anything regarding this issue on the Internet.


Anyone has seen it before/can help me?


Thanks in advance!



Answer



I once encountered similar behavior which was triggered by Ambient Display feature inside Settings. There is a guide on OnePlus Forums here (see Usage of Privacy Guard & Built in Settings (All Users)) which mentions this:



Ambient Display – this is again another option under the Display section of the Settings, when turned on (is ON by default) splashes notifications on the lock screen in black & white, every time you grab your phone off a table or something. This is a built in feature of Android Lollipop and is very useful. However, it is not that every time you grab the phone you wanna view notifications. You could be heading some where and want to keep the phone in your pocket or mounting the phone onto your car dashboard and the list goes on. So every time you do this, the ambient display comes and goes. While this may not eat up a whole lot of battery, turning this off will do something good.




Now that you know its under SettingsDisplay & lights , you may try unchecking it and see if the issue ends. I had this issue when I flashed Lollipop and it ended right after unchecking it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...