Saturday, November 11, 2017

wi fi - Wi-Fi turned off but battery usage shows shows huge drain from it


I have a problem with my Galaxy S3 4G. It's currently all stock and running Android 4.4.4.


It seems the Wi-Fi will not turn off i.e. I can turn it "off" in the settings or notification bar, and this will stop Wi-Fi from being connected and device uses my mobile data instead, however in the battery menu the Wi-Fi is still being shown as on, even when it's turned off.


As you can see in the attached image, it's draining my battery really fast, and will only turn off when the device is in flight mode. I've checked and cannot see any rogue apps causing this, but after searching online and checking all option menus I seem unable to fix this problem.


Is there any way to stop this, save for a factory reset? Is this a KitKat wide problem, or just on my phone?


(Click image to enlarge)


IMG:




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...