Thursday, November 30, 2017

external sd - How to access sd card from computer in marshmallow


Recently I upgraded my cell phone from Android Lollipop(5.1.1) to Marshmallow(6). While setting up the SD card, I choose Use as internal storage option. Now when I plugin my cell phone to my computer I can not see any SD card. So I can not read or write in it externally. Is there a way of accessing the SD card contents through data cable from computer?


I need to mention that, I tried with the option Use as portable storage but faced with the same problem.



Answer




I found a solution of this problem. Each time I connect my phone to my computer I have to go to Settings -> Developer options -> Select USB Configuration and select MTP(Media Transfer Protocol). Then I can access the SD card from my computer. It turns out that whenever its needed to connect the phone and the computer this procedure is to be followed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...