Wednesday, November 29, 2017

linux - Failed to start emulator: No such file or directory


Alright So I downloaded the android SDK bundle for linux because I want to start making some apps, but i've ran into a couple of problems here.




  1. when I tried to create an emulator through the AVD Manager, and I tried to run it, i got the following error message:


    Starting emulator for AVD 'AVDTEST' Failed to start emulator: Cannot run program "/home/luke/adt-bundle-linux-x86_64-20140702/sdk//tools/emulator": java.io.IOException: error=2, No such file or directory





If you look, you will see that there is an extra slash before the tools directory, so I'm asking if anyone knows where I can go to change that path.


Also, the bundle didn't seem to come with any documentation. Am I just missing it or is it all online somewhere?


UPDATE: I tried running the emulator explicitly from the command line, but, even though I can clearly see that the file is there, and I am now providing the correct path, I still get the no such file/dir error.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...