Thursday, November 9, 2017

5.0 lollipop - Some program is showing ads on my desktop... How can I catch it?


Some program keeps showing me ads on the main page every now and then. It's extremely annoying, and I'm unable to catch it. Is there a way I can detect it to remove it?


When the ad shows up, I try to hold the home button to see the app name, but it disappears. Sometimes the ad is a link, so it asks me for the browser to use. My device is rooted.



Answer



Finding the Source


For Android >4.1


If your device is running Android 4.1 "Jelly Bean" or higher, you can just press and hold on notifications and your device will tell you who is generating them.


For Android <4.1


Use Airpush Detector. This application has a big list of apps that create banner ads. If it finds an application it knows of, it will tell you and ask you to uninstall.





Stopping the Future Problems


Use an Adblocker to Block Ads:



  1. AdFree (Recommended)

  2. AdBlock Plus

  3. Ad Away


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...