Friday, November 17, 2017

clockworkmod recovery - Upgraded from KK 4.4.2 to CM 12 Lollipop, can't restore app data (S4 Mini LTE)


After taking a full Nandroid backup of my previous os and apps using CWM recovery, clearing cache and performing a factory wipe, I went ahead and flashed Lollipop. This is the ROM I used: https://s.basketbuild.com/filedl/devs?dev=F4k&dl=F4k/cm12/serranoltexx/cm-12-20150111-UNOFFICIAL-serranoltexx.zip


Upon first boot of Lollipop, I wasn't presented with any 'transfer existing apps/data' screen, but rather was just sent to the launcher screen. While lollipop runs fine however, I can't seem to be able to restore app data through either the custom recovery (just says "please wait" forever and phone gets stuck in a boot loop afterwards) or using apps on the actual phone. It is rooted (through both going into settings -> developer -> enable root access & also a flashable zip that I used) and both Titanium Backup(hangs at 0% and 1%) as well as Nandroid Manager(says 'error' when attempting to restore apps) both fail to restore.


Nandroid manager gave this output at the end: /system/bin/pm[6]: app_process: Permission denied


Is there any other way I can restore the app data?




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...