Saturday, November 25, 2017

wi fi - My phone stopped remembering wifi passwords!


For some reason that completely escaped me, this here Samsung S3 mini stopped connecting automatically to my home network, always requiring me to re-type the wifi password.


Since then, I noticed that it's not just for my home network, but for all wifi networks.


More concretely, here's a sample of what happens:




  • I try to connect to a WPA-protected wifi.

  • Android asks for the password.

  • After I provide it, the phone connects successfully.

  • I turn off the wifi (on the phone).

  • I turn it back on.

  • The phone doesn't auto-connect to the wifi.

  • I explicitly select the wifi network to connect to.

  • Android again asks for the password I typed in a minute earlier.


Any idea how that can happen? What could I have done to deserve this? What could I do to redeem myself and fix this problem?



More details: "forget"thing ("disconnect"ing from) the network explicitly makes no difference (it still doesn't remember the password next time around), rebooting the phone neither. This phone is running Android-4.4.2, is not rooted.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...