Monday, July 17, 2017

settings - What is the fastest way to turn the phone into silent mode?


The title kinda tells it all. Sometimes I need to turn silent for a meeting and the procedure is like:



  1. Unlock the phone


  2. Click on Menu

  3. Go to Settings

  4. Click on Sound

  5. Enable Silent mode


Apart from (1), which can't be shortened (can it?), I want to minimize the remaining 4 clicks.


EDIT: I have a Nexus S, but I'm more interested in things that are not specific to models. Also, please feel free to add model-specific answers, as other people may find it useful.



Answer



Personally, I think that the easiest way (apart from sliding right to left, but that's not available on all phones) to put the phone into silent mode is to hold down the power button for a short period of time, then select Silent mode.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...