Friday, July 21, 2017

4.0 ice cream sandwich - Is there currently an easy way to root Sony Xperia S with stock ICS 4.0.4 ROM?


I'm looking for an easy way, which doesn't need Unlocking bootloader or flashing Roms, just like root solution for SE 2011 devices (one click). It's because I currently use my Xperia S for development purposes and can't afford bricking it! please tell me if there is a solution. Thanks!



Answer



Ok, at last, the mighty user of XDA, Bin4ary, has released a very nice and easy toolkit to root ICS JB roms of most sony phones, including Xperia S.


I used the tool and easily rooted my phone. Very fast and painless. No need to flash or unlock bootloader or anything.


If you are also interested, this is the page on XDA:


http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1886460


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...