Tuesday, July 4, 2017

samsung galaxy s 4 - How do I flash a modem for CyanogenMod / CM10.2?


I have already flashed the latest nightly (as of this time) and the corresponding gapps for my Samsung Galaxy S4 via CWM. But when I checked the Phone settings (About Phone), Baseband version is Unknown.


I have already tried flashing I9505XXUEMJ7_MODEM.tar via Odin (as Phone), but the Baseband is still Unknown.


What am I missing here?



Answer




Finally fixed the issue (old CWM):



  • Upgraded CWM from 6.0.3.2 to 6.0.4.4 using ROM Manager.

  • Rebooted to Recovery Mode

  • Wipe Data / Factory Reset

  • Wipe Cache Partition

  • Wipe Dalvik Cache

  • Flash CM zip (two times)

  • Flash GAPPS

  • Reboot phone (boot animation now showed; this was just black before)



After the phone booted, (and the usual wizard), I noticed the Baseband was no longer Unknown, but listed my previously-flashed modem.


I rebooted phone into Download mode and flashed a different modem (for my region).


Phone working normally now. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...