Saturday, July 22, 2017

2.2 froyo - Can I use the HTC Desire HD Wifi Hotspot feature to share a wireless network instead of mobile internet?




Possible Duplicate:
Can we use an Android phone as a Wi-Fi repeater?




I have my home router which for a variety of reasons I can not switch to WEP. However, I occasionally need to use my Nintendo DS to connect to Nintendo WFC, and it can only use a WEP connection. My current method is to use the Wi-Fi Hotspot feature of my HTC Desire HD to create a temporary WEP network and connect to that using my DS. This is fine, except it forces my phone to use my carrier's data connection instead of my home wireless network, bringing with it associated charges if I hadn't used the internet on my phone that day already.


Is there anyway to share a wireless network instead of the mobile network via the Wi-Fi Hotspot feature?



Answer



The Desire HD can not be a gateway that supports rebroadcasting wifi with a different encryption, at best you could add an encryption from an open point or broadcast it as open from a secure point.


You would also need two antennas, and the chip does not.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...