Thursday, July 27, 2017

Galaxy S3 randomly booted into safe mode. Strange behavior


I was using my phone (Galaxy S3 SGH-T999), not doing anything intensive, just web browsing on Chrome, then all of a sudden my phone restarts into Safe Mode.


I opened the app drawer and noticed most (possibly all, not sure) of my downloaded apps were gone.
My notifications bar was informing me that some apps were being re-downloaded.


Not sure of the reason, I just restarted the phone and it booted back up normally.


However strange things have been happening, like:




  • Apps re-downloading or updating.

  • Facebook app authorization failing

  • All my contacts were gone. I use SmoothSync for Cloud Contacts. Opening the app asked me to enter my password. My contacts came back.

  • My iCloud calendar was gone, again because SmoothSync logged out. Logging back in was no problem.


Nothing really bad has happened, but it just seems strange and random to me.


Why would Safe mode be activated out of nowhere?




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...