Tuesday, July 11, 2017

4.1 jelly bean - Slide unlock till pattern lock gets activated after interval


Using Jelly Bean, 4.1.1, on a Galaxy Nexus, I want this: You lock the phone. For the first 5 minutes, if you try to unlock, you can just slide and unlock it; after that, you have to enter a pattern.



I don't know how to get the slide to unlock to be activated for the 5 minutes in the middle. I have it set up right now so that it unlocks right away in the first 5 minutes, and asks for the pattern after that. Is this even possible?



Answer



I was able to set up what you want with one caveat: You have to use a PIN or a password, not a pattern. My solution depends on the apps Tasker (trial version here) and Secure Settings. Secure Settings requires root for some of its features. I don't know if this is one of them. If you aren't rooted, you can try it and see if it works.


Posting a complete how-to on Tasker is beyond the scope of my answer. Instead, here's the official documentation and links to user-created guides. My solution involves setting up two Tasker profiles. The first one sets the PIN or password after a timeout. The second one clears the PIN/password once the screen is unlocked.


Here are my profiles:


Profile: Screen Locked (98)
Event: Display Off
Enter: Anon (106)
A1: Wait [ MS:0 Seconds:0 Minutes:5 Hours:0 Days:0 ]
A2: If [ %SCREEN ~ off ]

A3: Secure Settings [ Configuration:Set Pin Package:com.intangibleobject.securesettings.plugin Name:Secure Settings ]
A4: End If

Profile: Screen Unlocked (107)
Event: Display Unlocked
Enter: Anon (108)
A1: Secure Settings [ Configuration:Clear Password Package:com.intangibleobject.securesettings.plugin Name:Secure Settings ]

Once you've got Tasker configured, go to your phone settings and set slide unlock (and set he timeout to be whatever you find to be an appropriate amount of time for the slide lock to come up) . Note that when the password/PIN is enabled, you'll first have to slide unlock, and then enter your PIN/password.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...