Saturday, July 15, 2017

lock screens - "Wrong Pattern" After Flashing Image


I wanted to update my OnePlus 3 to OxygenOS 4 using TWRP but that resulted in an error. I tried again, same error. I flashed the old image again, no error, phone was usable again, updated TWRP, flashed the new image again, different error. I then flashed the old image, again, no error.


However, my phone isn't usable right now because I can't unlock it. I definitely remember my pattern, I had it since I bought my the OnePlus 3 and I bought it right when it came out. I have to enter it every time I reboot so I entered it several times just today and there is just no way I remember it incorrectly. Furthermore, I have a second phone with the same pattern. I drew it on both phones simultaneously and only the other phone unlocked.


How can I log into my phone, again?



Answer



Note that @dan-brown seems to be right about the root cause of the issue - it looks like a corrupt install after flashing a new TWRP.


However there is a non-destructive fix, as documented here.



  1. Boot into recovery

  2. Navigate to /data/system


  3. Delete the following files:

    1. password.key

    2. pattern.key

    3. locksettings.db

    4. locksettings.db-shm

    5. locksettings.db-wal



  4. Reboot



No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...