Tuesday, July 11, 2017

How to resume app restore after stopping it on first opening Google Play?


I've installed a fresh stock ROM from Google site on my Galaxy Nexus.


At the time I've opened the Google Play and started installing the 157 apps... the problem is that I needed to stop downloading in the middle as I needed to move to an area without wifi coverage, so I pressed stop.


Now I don't see any option to resume that installation.


Is it really a one shot? How could I have paused it to avoid downloading it on 3G?



Answer



Use bmgr from adb shell. See this answer for a complete explanation of backup sets.



Root access is not required.


shell@maguro:/ $ bmgr list sets
1234567890abcdef : droid48
34567890abcdef12 : galaxy49
...

shell@maguro:/ $ bmgr restore 1234567890abcdef
Scheduling restore: droid48
done


This triggered a full restore of all the previously installed apps on my device instantly.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...