Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Help need a way to know how to do bulk updates across multiple devices


I manage a bunch of android devices and I was wondering if there is an easy way to do bulk updates when a new release comes out. Also would like to know if I can block certain devices from being updated at all?


Thank you



Answer



No, there's not. You have to manually accept evey software update from every device. Imagine how big of a security problem it would be if you could do that remotely.


Of course you can ignore updates. They'll ask you for confirmation to install them, so you can just say no and be done with it (recent versions will allow you to block the notification if you don't want to see it). Some ROMs even have the option to only check for updates manually, so you don't even need to know there's one available.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...