Sunday, July 9, 2017

security - I have sold my phone on eBay. What should I do before I send it off?


I have an Android phone which I just sold on eBay. What measures should I take before posting it off to its new home? Please answer thoroughly!




Answer



As said already, factory reset for a start.


If you care about the privacy about what is on the SD card you should use a secure erase utility. Even after formatting the card you can still recover the data...


If you google for secure erase you'll find a bunch of freeware tools to do the job.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...